Physical Education (PE)
At Godstone Primary and Nursery School, we seek to provide a full, varied and interesting Physical Education curriculum, which challenges, engages and excites pupils. We aim to give children the tools and understanding required to make a positive impact in their own physical health and well-being. Through the teaching of PE pupils will develop physical competence, confidence and the ability to use these to participate in a wide variety of sports. Children will also experience elements of self-challenge that build resilience, problem solving and teamwork. By providing the opportunities for children to partake in internal and external competitive sporting activities, children will foster a positive attitude towards fairness and respect, whilst also learning to cope with both success and failure.
- Provide an understanding of the importance of exercise and health through play, high quality curriculum and extracurricular activities provision to illustrate its relationship to overall fitness, health and well-being.
- Provide children with the opportunity to engage in a wide range of sports.
- To introduce a scheme of work for Reception to Year 6
- Allow children the opportunity to engage in competitive sporting events and competitions within the local area.
- Create a team of “Sports Leaders” with children from years 5 and 6.
- Use external coaches that can provide specialist coaching (e.g. for Tennis and Cricket).